Why Solar Power?
Recurrent Energy's projects use solar photovoltaic (PV) technology to produce clean electricity directly from sunlight. Every day, we're harvesting the sun to help transform our world to meet its energy needs sustainably.
PV is uniquely suited to utility scale solar projects due to several important technical characteristics:
- Zero-emissions, low profile, and quiet enough to be located in or near inhabited locations
- Highly modular and scalable to fit load requirements, site constraints, and transmission capacity
As a source of electricity, solar PV compares favorably to other types of renewable generation:
- Solar PV generates power during peak load periods, providing a cleaner alternative to fossil-fuel powered peaker plants
- Unlike solar thermal technologies, solar PV projects require little water and have few moving parts, significantly reducing maintenance costs and environmental impact
- Solar PV is a mature technology with a long operating history, so performance and operating costs are highly predictable when compared to unproven, new technologies